Cannes honour for Vidya Balan
Vidya Balan seems to be having all the luck and success of
late. After numerous awards, blockbuster successes and marriage to beau
Siddharth Roy Kapur, now comes the news that the actress will sit on the Cannes
Jury Panel this year, and that too with the most prestigious names that include Steven
Spielberg and Nicole Kidman.
The Cannes International Film Festival is an annual film festival held in Cannes, France. The festival previews new films of all genres, including documentaries, from around the world.
Along with Balan, Spielberg and Kidman, six other international movie personalities will sit on the jury. These include:
- Naomi Kawase (Japanese director)
- Lynne Ramsay (British scriptwriter/director/producer)
- Daniel Auteuil (French actor/director)
- Ang Lee (Taiwanese director/producer/scriptwriter)
- Cristian Mungiu (Romanian scriptwriter/director/producer)
- Christoph Waltz (Austrian Actor)
The Jury of the Festival will have to decide between the films in Competition to award the Prizes which will be announced during the Closing Ceremony on 26 May 2013.